Ever since its establishment in 1993,
The 'Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Abhyaskendra Granthalay' has been an invaluable tool for citizens, students and researchers in generating social, political, and cultural awareness, as well as enhancing leadership qualities of social activists, people's representatives, and nationalists. Boasting of a huge collection of books, research projects, periodicals, CDs and DVDs, articles and clippings from various newspapers and magazines and much more, this library has been instrumental in providing the environment and resources conducive for individual research, as well as enabling teaching and learning activities.
Situated in the heart of Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini's Knowledge-Excellence Centre, surrounded by lush green, well-maintained lawns and ornamental plants, the library houses rare books on a variety of specific subjects such as: Hinduism, Social Sciences, Literature, Communism, Hindu Nationalism, Education, History and Geography, the Constitution of India, and Management. It also subscribes to a host of prominent English, Hindi, and Marathi periodicals and newspapers. In addition to this, the library also features a collectible collection of CDs covering informative documentaries of various projects, and inspiring socio-political speeches, as well as theses, dissertations and independent project and research reports; truly making it the hub of all intellectual activity at the Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini.
Apart from dedicated audio and video rooms for its patrons, the library also offers a host of other services such as lending service, reference service, internet browsing, and photocopy service. We also offer fellowships for students, teachers, and researchers for research on a specific subject. This library is established as a Public Library, and has been recently awarded with a 'B Grade', a prestigious status for a public library, by the Directorate of Libraries, Government of Maharashtra.
Members of the library can access its services at the Mumbai branch located at Wadala, too.
- To serve patrons by satisfying their information needs.
- To create awareness about the current socio-economic and political affairs, as well as developments at the regional, national and international levels among its users.
- To serve as a research library providing reference, documentation and information services to the research scholars in Social sciences.
- To provide the resources required for continued self-education.
- To collect classics of English, Hindi, and Marathi literature.
- To acquire and make available personal collections of eminent people from society.
Audio - Visual Section
The library has a special audio/video room. This room can accommodate maximum 4 persons at a time.We have a 21" color television and DVD player. Users can enjoy these facilities by paying Rs. 50 as deposit. Bhartiya Chitra Sadhana donated his valuable archive films (Negatives and Positives) of RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh) related organisations from the year 1953 to our library. Vasant Joshi, a senior member of Bhartiya Chitra Sadhana, took the initiative for this.
- We arrange book exhibitions in the library for different programs, which are held in our training complex.
- We offer a fellowship for students, teachers and researchers for research on specific subjects.
- Residential Research Fellowship: In this scheme of Fellowship any one can participate for research of special given subject and he will be sponsored by our institute.